I had my fourth beta draw this morning.
My RE’s office wasn’t crowded, so I’m hoping I get the call earlier rather than later.
My superstitious brain thinks earlier is better. Betas 1 and 2, I got the call before noon. Beta 3, came after 2. And all day that day I thought, “she’s waiting to call me last, because the news must be bad.”
So earlier is better, I hope.
Despite all that, I’m surprisingly calm.
1) The pressure is off this time, since I have a beautiful 2-year-old. I’m still fertility-challenged, but I’m not barren anymore.
2) If the numbers are bad today, then it’s likely a chromosonal issue (we opted against PGS due to cost) and we knew that was a possibility. There’s nothing I could’ve done differently to change the outcome, and that is a relief.
And so, we wait.